March 15, 2023
The Greater New Jersey Motorcoach Association honored six “standout” employees in the industry with the 2022 Motorcoach Professional Awards. The award presentation was held during the GNJMA Spring Association Meeting at Wind Creek Bethlehem on Tuesday, March 14.
The GNJMA Motorcoach Professional Awards is a way for members to recognize their “standout” employees in front of fellow members, industry leaders, peers, and friends. Recipients received a monetary gift and plaque from GNJMA and overnight accommodations, and other gifts from GNJMA’s casino partners.
These are this year’s honorees, with comments from their employers:
- Tom Shellenberger of Bailey Coach. Tom Shellenberger joined the team at Bailey’s 12 years ago as a Part-Time Professional Motorcoach Driver. Since then- Tom has driven over 1,000 trips for Bailey Coach. He has proven to be a very valuable asset and has shown true dedication in everything he does. Tom often is requested to be the assigned driver by certain groups due to his outgoing and friendly personality. His safety record is proof of his exceptional skills as a professional motorcoach driver.
- Darlene Madu of DeCamp Bus Lines. Darlene has consistently exceeded expectations in her role. Her attention to detail, exceptional customer service skills, and ability to effectively communicate with customers have made her a valuable asset to the DeCamp team.
- Chris Martin of Lakeland Bus Lines. Chris-Martin has been working at Lakeland Bus-Lines-for over 25 years. He works the night shift 3-days a week and Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays. If Lakeland needs a driver to cover line work or a charter, Chris can always find one. Chris is the type of person Lakeland is proud to represent their company.
- Aridia Recio of Panorama Tours. Panorama Tours is pleased to nominate Aridia Recio for the 2022 Motorcoach Professional Award. This year, Panorama asked all of their employees to vote for a peer who exemplifies what it means to be a “Panorama Professional.” Aridia’s dedication to safety, customer service, and kindness is unmatched. Over the last year, Aridia has garnered nearly two dozen five-star reviews on Google.
- Glen Pearce of Starr Bus Charter & Tours. Glen is the type of driver you give to a group and you don't have to worry about. Glen is super dependable and flexible. He represents the company in a professional, courteous, and friendly manner. He is a true asset to Starr, completing 200+ trips per year and is 3 years accident free.
- James Dickerson of Stout’s Charter Service. James has been a motorcoach driver with Stouts for 8 years. He is respected by all, including his peers, who voted him to receive this award. James shows exemplary care to his motor coach. He maintains the equipment well, routinely does all pre and post trip inspections and his idling percentage and safety scores are among the best in their fleet. In addition, James is one of the most requested drivers, due to his exceptional customer-service skills.
Congratulations to our award recipients!
Glen Pearce, Starr Charter & Tours
Aridia Recio, Panorama Tours
Tom Shellenberger, Bailey Coach
Darlene Madu, DeCamp Bus Lines
Chris Martin, Lakeland Bus Lines
James Dickerson, Stout's Charter Service
GNJMA is a regional not-for-profit trade association. GNJMA takes proactive steps in promoting safety in the motorcoach industry by sponsoring safety workshops for bus drivers, driver excellence award programs, inspection workshops, scholarship program and industry professional awards. For more information, visit www.gnjma.com or contact the office at 908-750-4538.